Sunday 9 March 2008

Model me?

Live like nobody's watching.

So I am acknowledging the fact that I've been slack on the blogger front. If it reassures anyone who is genuinely concerned with my WWW faux pas. Please excuse me! It may comfort you somewhat to know I have been doing my bit on the face book scene. However back to the blogging business. Indeed I have finally made it to the smoke. My boyfriend has been living here two years already. He made it all the way from Australia. Myself, I have spent the past two years meaning to do so, a mere 2.5hrs away in Shropshire. It only costs £10 one way! (Virgin rail online). So the excuses for this are nil. There is no reason why I shouldn't have been here sooner! Having spent at least two days a month in London for the past couple of years. Before I met my partner, wishing I could move here permanently. It just took a while to find my balls as it were. Indeed I've shaken the straw from my hair, donned my enviable jacket, and strolled on into this fine town. So far having been officially living here 3 months, I am very happy. I am 20. So I feel in retrospect, that this is actually the most appropriate time to have arrived here. 18 was just under prepared, for both London, and I. Numerous things have happened, that will interest some. Bore the crap out of others. Depends.

While a friend pointed out Paul O’Grady (Lilly Savage) walking his dogs, she cried with delight, 'oh look it's him!!!’ I will never understand this? I saw Alan titchmarsh? Scottish girl from ugly betty/extras? Russell brand? urmmm....It's London? What the hell do people think? A-Z listers are hermits??
Anyway, it is funny to see some people I suppose. Though there's no need to go overboard!? I did a peculiar job last week or so. I basically had to sit, while a make-up (MU) artist pretended to do my make up. While Martine Mccutchion interviewed the mother of Gwen steffanis step daughter. I forget her name. Anyway, the show is called 'The truth about beauty'. Before I arrived, I naively assumed that it may be about the science behind beauty. Symmetry, social acceptance, the emotional implications, and mental perceptions behind it. However I quickly realised it was not! I was to merely look pretty. While they told other girls how to wear their belts higher, and that fat girls shouldn't wear stilettos, and skinnies shouldn't wear a wedge. Snooze! I'm not having a dig at Martine, though the show was a little shallow. As they are. I am content in London actually. I don't mean to be fundamentally British, and whinge or anything. Though I say contented, with a slight air of a most questionable disappointment. I have read George Orwell’s 'down and out, in Paris and London'. Of course I'm not entirely homeless. I did rely initially on my boyfriend, and his housemates. Though now it appears, I am fully on my feet. For the most part of my life I have had an affinity with cats. Mostly due to the obvious fact that no matter what the situation, they always seem to land on their feet. I have had a considerably eventful past. However always landing surreptitiously on my feet. Again like my feline friends. Looking somewhat bedraggled, and feeble at times I'll admit. Though with all four paws resting just the same! Though here I am with a glossy mane, graciously treading with cautious arrogance, about the fine relatively easy situation I find myself. Lovely, but making for quite the beige little piece of reading? What of the fabulous struggles? My rock, and roll style scrapping, up the slide of failure? It's all here. The office temp job. My diary jotted with modelling jobs, and a subject to study in September waiting in the wings. May I consider that I am speaking too soon? Or might I honestly believe that for once, that I have not spoken quite so soon enough!

No comments: