Wednesday 12 March 2008

Nintendo 64...




007 Goldeneye.


I cannot believe this console is twelve years old! And I'm still thoroughly enjoying playing it! Of course, not so regularly as I was perhaps 6 years ago. I was 10 when this console came out, so my parents didn't let me get one until I was 14. I know though,given the opportunity, I would most defiantly play it daily! These days it's hard to get people in one place to give it the kind of appreciation it once received in my bedroom. Half a dozen kids sat round waiting for their turn. When N64 came out, correct me if I'm wrong, but did one,not shoot ones load in sublime euphoria. FOUR players!
Because of course back in the day, we didn't have any of this four pad xbox, and playstation fiasco. Two pads was your limit, and by God were we more than satisfied with that.

In particularly I like 007 Goldeneye. On the second level one is able to commandeer a tank. A TANK! After packing away my
RC-P90 I climb aboard my sturdy tank, and squish the effin' life out of all those inferior civilians. You know, the ones we're supposed to be protecting? Amazing!(when squished they gave a most convincing scream too! I've attached a video, you can skip to the squishing if you like. You know you want to.) Also was it just me, or did you religiously start a level that included Natalya Simonova by shooting her in the head, and then just restarting the level again. Such a liability.

With regards to the console appreciation, I cannot be more impressed than by these guys! Click here to see the kind of dedication I mean.

Along with my N64, SNES, Sega mega drive. I also inherited an Atari, that simply played pong.Even at the age of ten knew the significance of that little number. However much to my dismay, upon returning home one afternoon after school, my mother kindly presented me with a computer console that I can only imagine to be an early Nintendo. Obviously I was pleased. Though not so much when I enquired as to the whereabouts of my old console. "oh we've thrown it in the bin because it was dated". It was a sad day, and it gets ever sadder in retrospect! Although I can probably credit my enthusiasm for collecting these old consoles, due to experiencing such a loss at an early age! All things for a reason.

Anyway, as this one of my less intellectually stimulating posts, I feel I should end exactly how I began.

Nintendo, and computer consoles everywhere WE SALUTE YOU!


2 comments:

Neotype1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neotype1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.